Software Engineer Core Reliability is responsible for a combination of Site Reliability and Release Engineering tasks. This includes supporting teams through the development of ALM tooling, processes and creating observability to increase system stability and uptime.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years of industry experience in Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or similar
- Strong understanding of programming & scripting languages (PowerShell, dotnet/C#, Bash,Typescript)
- Visual Studio, IIS, Scrum/Agile and Distributed Systems experience required
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using IaC tools like Chef, Pulumi, or Terraform
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Experience with version control systems
- Preferred experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Preferred experience with containers and orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Preferred experience with monitoring systems such as New Relic
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and written
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documents and builds tools to aid with metrics and visibility.
- Measures and drives change through all facets of the Application Lifecycle Management process (includes but is not limited to tooling, pipeline efficiency, and policies).
- Regularly collaborates with other engineers on prioritized operational and team project tasks.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions.
- Develops CI/CD processes to improve release cadence.
- Facilitates company standards through metrics, policies, and automation.
- Creates and drives improvement through observable, efficient, and tracked metrics.
- Responsible for technical documentation and system design.
- Must be available for on call rotations.
- All other duties as assigned.